Old March 5th 05, 07:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
mookie89 mookie89 is offline

Default Hotel Hoppa at Heathrow

"Chris Tolley" wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:48:12 GMT, mookie89 wrote:

The extra money is, to me, worth it rather than spend the increased
time and frustration on the Hoppa.

Out of interest, roughly how much extra are we talking about?
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9767288.html
(Gatwick Express, Mark 1: 4VEG unit 7910 at London Victoria in 1980)

The meter usually reads from £6 to £7 for two of us. If the driver has a
good attitude and drives appropriately (not like a race car driver), I will
tip the driver £3. Once I did £5 for a particularly excellent driver. This
for a 8 minute ride. So, while it may cost me an extra £4, I go directly to
the hotel in a third less time. Same goes for reverse as there always seems
to be a black cab dropping off when we leave to go home.