Old March 5th 05, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Hotel Hoppa at Heathrow

mookie89 wrote:
"Chris Tolley" wrote in message
On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 17:48:12 GMT, mookie89 wrote:

The extra money is, to me, worth it rather than spend the
increased time and frustration on the Hoppa.

Out of interest, roughly how much extra are we talking about?

The meter usually reads from £6 to £7 for two of us. If the
driver has a good attitude and drives appropriately (not like
a race car driver), I will tip the driver £3. Once I did £5
for a particularly excellent driver. This for a 8 minute ride.

40 to 80% tip! All the sites for visitors to London recommend 10-15% or
round up to the nearest pound, and that seems reasonable to me. Why do
you tip so much?
--
Richard J.