Old March 5th 05, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Hotel Hoppa at Heathrow

Richard J. ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

The meter usually reads from £6 to £7 for two of us. If the
driver has a good attitude and drives appropriately (not like
a race car driver), I will tip the driver £3. Once I did £5
for a particularly excellent driver. This for a 8 minute ride.

40 to 80% tip! All the sites for visitors to London recommend 10-15% or
round up to the nearest pound, and that seems reasonable to me. Why do
you tip so much?

You ever tried giving a cabbie a 60p tip?