Old March 5th 05, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Nigel Pendse Nigel Pendse is offline

Default Hotel Hoppa at Heathrow

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

In message .com,
writes

What is more - it does no harm to ask the taxi driver particularly
nicely - as by taking a local fare he loses the lucrative ride into
town, then has to rejoin the back of the queue of taxis at the
airport.

No. Taxis on local runs do not have to return to the back of the
queue, providing they return to Heathrow within a specified time.

I think they have quite a bit of time to get back (45 mins?). I live 11
miles away and once got a cab home and the driver thought she might just
be able to get back in time to avoid getting in the long queue.