Old March 6th 05, 09:50 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Hotel Hoppa at Heathrow

In message , at 19:01:23 on
Sun, 6 Mar 2005, Aidan Stanger remarked:
having picked up at Terminal Two, then going to
3, then pulling into a bay somewhere odd, changing drivers, going through
vast swathes of airport roadworks, into uncharted bowels and tunnels,
stopping at dozens of traffic-lights...and eventually to the exit, through
the main tunnel and onto the A4 Bath Road!

I'm curious about these uncharted parts - just what part of an airport
is its bowels, and how long were the tunnels?

I had this when landing at LHR T3 by Virgin, and they couldn't get a
gate, so we all had to get onto a bus. Anyway, having braved the
weather, we then had an interesting trip in and out of various parts of
the terminal building, travelling for about 10 minutes, during which we
drove past the several places twice! Eventually we stopped at a set of
doors with steps up into the building, a few hundred yards from where
the plane was.