Old March 7th 05, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Fantasy bus routes

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 00:44:25 +0000, Steve Fitzgerald ]
wrote:

In message opsm8f7or2wn44ge@stephen, Stephen
writes
Stagecoach, brewery, p***-up spring to mind.

Why does everybody insist on blaming the operating companies when they
are just contractors to TfL?

It's TfL who are the ones who set these things.

To be fair the operational risk is with the operator. The OP was
complaining about the fact that route 15s didn't turn up relative to
other routes - I would put that down to Stagecoach.

The comment about improving the timetable or extending the 115 was a
proposed solution to the fact that he had waited too long for a bus. I
have to say that I don't understand the TfL logic of running the 23
every 4-5 minutes and yet the 15 is only half as frequent when in the
olden days they were effectively the same route.
--
Paul C