Old March 10th 05, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Weaver Paul Weaver is offline

Default Barking-Greenford?

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:03:02 +0000, PaulBowery wrote:

What about this for an idea- combine the Greenford branch and Barking to
Gospel Oak into a single service via Ealing Broadway and Willesden
Junction. This would provide an interchange between the North London
Line and the west via Ealing Broadway. If paths in the Willesden
Junction area are a problem then some of the Stratford trains could run
to Willesden Junction low level via Queens Park.

How about (after crossrail)

Greenford via CastleBarPark, West Ealing, Ealing Broadway, Acton Main
Line, then down via Shepherds Bush, KennyO, West Brompton, Imperial Wharf
to Clapham Junction to meet the East London line?

4tph would offer some form of SouthWest - West London transport.

Alternativly move half of the Heathrow Connect/Express services to
Waterloo via Clapham. A 30 minute every 30 minutes Express none-stop to
Waterloo would surely be a winner, combined with a Heathrow Connect all
stop - or at least EalingB-KennyO-Clapham, would be a well-used service.

--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.