Old August 14th 03, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.legal,uk.transport
Robin Smith Robin Smith is offline

Default Box Junction Penalty

Roland Perry wrote in message .. .

Yes, but the road to the right might have been clear when you first
entered the box.

However, I suppose if we look closely, the offence is *entering* a box
junction at the worn time. Not being sat in a legally entered box
junction feeling like a prat and blocking the traffic...

It's interesting to observe all the discussion about the confusion
over what is allowed when turning right in a box junction. Alas, the
box junction in question on the North Circular where I received the
penalty had no right turn junction (only traffic merging from the
left, and crossing from the right) - so there is no excuse here.

Perhaps they do not have box junction cameras as such "right enabled"
box junctions?

Robin