Old March 12th 05, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default The restoration of St. John's Woo Station

wrote the following in:
oups.com

The tiles here were generally in a good condition, notwithstanding
a patina of age, and their destruction is nothing short of
official vandalism. This does not auger well for the future of
other 'classic' LU stations under the PPP dictat (i.e. Aldgate
East scheduled next for demolition, and the supposedly 'listed'
Bow Road where almost every existing feature has been removed at
footbridge and pltform level.

On this subject, what have they done to Bow Road? It seems to me that
their "improvement" consists of hiding everything interesting behind a
horribly boring white partition wall that removes all the station's
character. At first I hoped that this wall was a temporary thing during
the refurbishment but it has gradually dawned on me that no, this is
how things are going to stay.

--
message by Robin May.
Drinking Special Brew will get you drunk in much the same way that

http://robinmay.fotopic.net