Old March 13th 05, 05:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london
EorJames EorJames is offline

Default For Boltar About The EOR.

Right,
The line is to be, put back to its original GER days.
This ran steam, which we are getting in the summer.
Now to electrify the line would costs thousands. Somthing we the
society or owners can't afford to do it. As well it's too dangerous
to run electrification on the line for the general public.
Really people don't want to go on an old LU train but would rather go
on a steam train. I do believe, that there is not one preserved line in
the country, that uses electrified lines.
The line has its good things, but at the moment is a nice round trip,
which is also used by the public, to get from North Weald to Ongar
viser-verser.
So you don't like fine don't come down. But in a way it's nice to
see the line running anyway as it was closed for ten years.
Regards
James