Old March 13th 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default News Flash: Epping and Ongar line Easter Opening dates!!!

On 12 Mar 2005 21:10:02 GMT, Robin May wrote:

I seem to remember reading the answer to that question here already.
It's because HMRI won't let any new railway start up using unprotected
conductor rails like those on the tube. Presumably they consider the
EOR to be a new railway.

So, how does one "protect" them, then? Are we talking those wooden
planks either side of them?

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/c371905.html
(Thumbnail index to Swiss trains (non-SBB))