Old March 14th 05, 10:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Underwood Martin Underwood is offline

Default London has a new Underground line

wrote in message
ups.com...
I noticed that one of the sections to be closed is the Bank section on
the Northern line. This section was closed for 2 or 3 months in the
summer of 1999. I suppose that it was too much to ask that somebody
could have foreseen the work to be done in 1999.
Two lengthy closures in the space of 5 years smacks of taking the ****
to me.

The same applies to road closures: I'd like to see a legal requirement on
maintenance companies to do the job right first time so they'll never (or
not for many decades) have to do the job again. Either that or else a rebate
for passengers/drivers who have to endure repeated delays. It'll never
happen, of course...