Old March 15th 05, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default News Flash: Epping and Ongar line Easter Opening dates!!!

"umpston" wrote in message
oups.com...

I also heard that EOR were criticised for removing
the power rails but leaving the supports and insulators
in place - a trip hazard for track workers. I presume
they've now removed them.

Some remained a few months ago.

By the way, I wish EOR well but I think they'd
need to make peace with ORPS before I
would consider supporting either organisation.

EOR run the railway. ORPS are just a bunch of people who wish they ran the
railway and have for several years done everything they can to inconvenience
the people who are running the railway. They're conceptually no different to
graffiti artists who try to rebrand railways with their own tags. I can't
imagine someone saying he wouldn't join London Underground unless they made
concilliatory overtures towards graffiti artists. I don't know steps you
think EOR can take, apart from waiting for ORPS to wither.

I hope at least to come for a ride soon.

So do it, and join EOR if you feel so inclined. Forget about ORPS - whatever
meaningful mission they might once have had, they now represent nothing
constructive.

Disclaimer: I'm not connected with EOR, and needless to say, I'm not
connected with ORPS either.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped