Old March 15th 05, 04:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Routes 38 and 159

On 15 Mar 2005 08:57:40 -0800, "TheOneKEA" wrote:

snip

So which one is likely to be converted last? The 13?

No probably not - there are lots of theories about using surplus low
floor buses to convert the 13 sooner rather than later.

The 159 now looks as if it will be the last route to go in November. The
38 will go in October.

Having never taken the opportunity to ride an RM I may need to do so
relatively soon.

Well enjoy the spring or early summer sunshine in a month or so's time
and make a day of it. The 14 and 22 out to Putney make a nice run while
you'll see lots of life (of varying types) on the 13, 38 and 159.

One of my most memorable bus rides last year was from Walthamstow to Kew
Gardens using 3 routemaster routes for the main leg - 73 from Tottenham
to TCR, then a number 8 across the centre to Green Park and then a 9 to
Hammersmith. There were "normal" buses for the other legs but it took
about 2 hours and I stepped from one bus to the next with no waiting
time. A lovely way to see lots of London but sadly no longer possible
by Routemaster.

--
Paul C