Old March 15th 05, 10:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Richard Richard is offline

Default Pay & Display Machines

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:56:55 +0100, "tim"
wrote:
I agree that you don't usually get change (the hopper is just
for rejected coins), but IME it's quite common to get extra time
for the overpayment

Works here (Kingston borough). A while ago, credit unused in the
evening would roll over to the next morning as well, but that no
longer happens. I can only think of one reason for that - to collect
more money, with the extra benefit of a few penalties for people who
didn't get to the car park before the chargeable period starts.

Richard.