Old March 16th 05, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham J Graham J is offline

Default Oyster Pre-Pay Anomaly?

ISTR Liverpool Street to Stepney Green is one of those "short inter-zone"
journeys where the fare charged is just for the higher priced zone.

Bethnal
Green to Bank is another that springs to mind.

Long after writing the message I suddenly wondered about that. I hadn't
thought about it at the time as I don't consider a journey taking the best
part of ten minutes to be short. Also there is not any mention of any such
thing in the Fares and Tickets guide (except for Season Tickets) or on the
TfL website as far as I can see so to the best of my knowledge such things
didn't exist.

Good job I have Pre-Pay really as if I'd been using ticket machines or even
at the ticket office I'd have just been looking to buy based on the
destination zone not the destination station and wouldn't have been looking
out for a cheaper fare.

I am surpised and rather saddened that the Oystercard helpdesk did not

know
this and respond appropiately. Could you contact me via email if you have

reference number as there may be a training need with somebody at the
Oystercard helpdesk.

No reference number. The thing that surprised me was just how long it
seemed to take to find the journeys on their system given that they were the
last two I'd made.

G.