Old March 16th 05, 10:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] romic@cix.compulink.co.uk is offline

Default London has a new Underground line

In article ,
(Tom Anderson) wrote:

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005
wrote:

In article . com,
() wrote:

I noticed that one of the sections to be closed is the Bank section
on
the Northern line. This section was closed for 2 or 3 months in the
summer of 1999. I suppose that it was too much to ask that somebody
could have foreseen the work to be done in 1999. Two lengthy
closures
in the space of 5 years smacks of taking the **** to me.

The reason for the shutdown is to deal with the problems after the
work
that was carried out during the original shutdown!.

Are the contractors who did the first lot contributing anything to
paying
for it this time round?
tom

--
NTK now entirely filled with google links -- NTK

No idea - I think there was an on-going argument as to who /what was to
blame, with two different sides battling it out between them. Possibly
unresolved, but I don't know. I assume that Tubelines are now sorting it
out as part of their overall contract since privatisation.

Roger