Old March 17th 05, 08:57 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Thameslink 2012 (Statement of Case)

"Boltar" wrote in message
ps.com...

I can't help thinking that closing the moorgate spur
is a hopelessly short sighted decision. Huge numbers
of people use thameslink to travel into the city in the
rush hour and if they all have to pile onto the circle line
at farringdon into already overcrowded trains its going to
be chaos. If they want to make the trains longer why not
just delegate some carriages at the end that won't open
their doors at the shorter farringdon platforms? Works
elsewhere in the world. Or would the bedwetters in the
HSE & HMRI have to reach for the smelling salts?

The "2000" in Thameslink 2000 represents the number of times this has been
suggested on Usenet.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped