Old March 17th 05, 07:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
matt matt is offline

Default Thameslink 2012 (Statement of Case)

Boltar wrote:
Other countries manage compromise , its just in this hopeless
paranoid litigation driven culture that nothing can get done or has to
be put back 50 years because the inmates have taken over the asylum.
No doubt theres some pointless rule made up by some intellectual
midget that prevents my earlier suggestion from happening.

B2003

Shirley there could be some sort of transponder just under the platform
edges that could tie in to receivers on the doors in order to guarantee
that only doors adjacent to the platform would open ? Would this not
appease the HSE ?

Funnily enough, we were talking about this at work the other day.
Someone had suggested making trains longer to reduce overcrowding and
selective door opening to avoid lengthening platforms. When we pointed
out that this was not allowed, and he said - but what about the doors on
the other side of the train - what is to stop them opening accidentally?