Old March 18th 05, 01:40 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default Thameslink 2012 (Statement of Case)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 20:25:59 +0000 (UTC), matt wrote:

Funnily enough, we were talking about this at work the other day.
Someone had suggested making trains longer to reduce overcrowding and
selective door opening to avoid lengthening platforms. When we pointed
out that this was not allowed, and he said - but what about the doors on
the other side of the train - what is to stop them opening accidentally?

Did he *really* say that?
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9632874.html
(A 33/1+4-TC combination at London Waterloo: 33 104, 28 Mar 1981)