Old March 19th 05, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] llanberis@gmail.com is offline

Default REPOST: For Boltar About The EOR.

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 03:43:05 +0000, Chris Tolley
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:23:03 GMT, wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:36:16 +0000, Chris Tolley
That's already been mentioned, and argued about. However, there is the
Crich tramway Museum which is electrified...

... with overhead wires, not third rail And it isn't a preserved
line, it's in a former quarry. There are lots of museums with overhead
wires -tramway and trolleybus.

Well, of course. ;-)

Anyway, you say "lots" of others. I can think of Beamish, but then I run
out of ideas. What do you have in mind?

Off the top of my head,,, The Black Country Museum, Sandtoft
Trolleybus Museum, East Anglia Transport Museum, the Birkenhead
tramway system.

Actually you and I are both slipping OT as none of these are strictly
preserved lines, but working trolleybus and tram operations that
commenced after conventional 600V DC operation stopped. There are
others that have kept going primarily as tourist attractions
(enthusiasts are never able to operate preserved transport without
non-enthusiast tourist income). Despite lots of wonderful preserved
lines, I can only think of two that operate ordinary passenger
services... Blackpool and ISTR some Kent/Sussex rail lines do school
services.

My fire extinguishers are ready for the flames!

Paul