Old March 19th 05, 11:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Saturday parking hours

Paul Weaver wrote:
"Richard Adamfi" wrote in message
oups.com...

Eh?

Most town centres (and most suburban centres of London) have on-street
parking restrictions covering the whole of Saturday afternoon
(typically 8am-6.30pm Monday to Saturday).

Central London is highly unusual in allowing free parking on Saturday
afternoon on streets where it is banned on weekdays.

I remember when people used to be encouraged to shop in town centres,
parking was simple, free - or very cheap, and charged after the event
(avoiding the PRP parking vultures). Its no wonder that our towns and
villages are becoming a local shop, maybe a pub, and 16 estate agents.
Destroying the town in the anti-private-transport quest.

Yes, that must be it... not trying to save our town centres from
becoming car-jammed polluted nightmares.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7