Old March 19th 05, 08:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default Tube so expensive

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, James Farrar wrote:

Brimstone wrote:

EorJames wrote:

But if you think about it, the price of petrol because of Labours tax
hike its cheaper anyway.

It was the Tories who introduced the Fuel
Tax Escalator to push the price up faster than inflation.

And the point of an escalator is that when you get to the top, you get
off... Gordon Brown has continued to put up fuel tax (although cunningly
never actually in the Budget in recent years.)

Then we clearly haven't reached the top yet.

We're past the top of the FTE as originally envisaged. Next.