Old March 20th 05, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Brimstone Brimstone is offline

Default Ken stole my 80p!

Ian Harper wrote:
"Paul Weaver" wrote in message
With the central line down from North Acton this morning, I got the
District from Ealing to Acton, then Picc to Hammersmith (same price
as to WC). As my destination is White City, and the H&C isn't the
most frequent service, I decided to get the 72 or 220. Of course I
got charged for it, so as well as taking longer and having to suffer
the scallys that infest Londons busses, I had to pay more too!

shrugs

Could have got the Central Line from Ealing, then the rail
replacement bus service from North Acton, which was pretty quick, or
even spent only 80p on a 607 from Ealing to Shepherd's Bush and
walked five mins to WC.

Ken didn't steal your 80p, you simply didn't use the rail replacement
bus service!

If they hadn't been carrying out the work on the railway that's causing the
line to be closed, he'd have complained about that instead.