Old March 20th 05, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Neil Williams Neil Williams is offline

Default Ken stole my 80p!

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:48:02 -0000, "Ian Harper"
wrote:

Ken didn't steal your 80p, you simply didn't use the rail replacement bus
service!

To go back to my old chestnut, I see no reason whatsoever why, within
a system like TfL or a Passenger Transport Executive, a multi-modal or
connectional journey should be any more expensive than a single-modal
or non-connectional one.

You pay for a journey, be it by distance or zonal, the *system* should
provide it. No one mode is more or less important than another.

I point, once again, at the sensible model in the German
Verkehrsverbuende, where fares don't generally differ by mode.

I can see why you'd want to discourage use of the Tube in Zone 1 by
providing a high Tube fare (why can't this one be multi-modal?) and a
lower bus-only one, but other than in this specific instance the rest
of the fares system is an unjustified mess.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain