Old March 22nd 05, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default Driving Instructions

In message , mo
writes
"Mike Hughes" wrote in message
Lets take a fairly quiet time. I would go from Cromwell Road to
Knightsbridge, Hyde park Corner, Constitution Hill, The Mall, Trafalgar
Sq, Duncannon St, The Strand, Aldwych, L Catherine St, L Exeter St, R
Wellington St forward to Bow St. Where *exactly* are you going in Bow St
and what time are you travelling. (at least my knowledge is still up to
date g)

In a Car on Saturday about 4ish. We are going to Russell Street to a theatre

The Theatre Royal by any chance?

which is right enxt to Bow Street (i figure more ppl know Bow street)

The route you list above sounds similar to the one the GPS system took us to
last time.. i def remember going past Harrods, the strand and places like
that! (and under the arch)

At that time of day you shouldn't get too much trouble with the traffic,
BUT you can't use Constitution Hill and The Mall because they are shut
at that time on a Sunday. There is also the possibility that there may
be a demonstration or some other reason why you will be diverted so try
to plan for that possibility.

From Southampton you will be coming in along the M3, then the A316, go
past Twickenham and Richmond then use the flyover ( a bit narrow and
bumpy but saves a lot of waiting time at the lights) at the Hogarth
Roundabout (not Chiswick) to get to the A4.

There are a few possibilities for you to get to Russell Street. Try this
one.
From Brompton Road
R Beachamp Place (just before you get to Harrods)
Forward (bear L slightly) Pond St
R Sloane St (or if you feel confident R at Lyall St which is after
Sloane St)
Sloane Sq
L Cliveden Place
through to Lower Grosvenor Place
L Buckingham Palace Road
L into St James Park (immediately in from of Buckinghamn Palace)
R & L Birdcage Walk
F Parliament Sq
F Bridge St (towards Westminster Bridge)
L Victoria Embankment
L Temple Place (immediately after you've gone under Waterloo Bridge)
L Arundel St
L Strand
R Aldwych
L Drury Lane
L Russell Street

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England