Old March 23rd 05, 08:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Integrating river services

Matt Wheeler wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

snip

DLR doesn't have the capacity to deal with large numbers of
passengers transferring off Crossrail at Stratford and heading for
Canary Wharf. The Jubilee line might, but it's a still a very poor
second best to a Crossrail branch.

The Crossrail branch will also provide a new route into central
London from the North Kent line, which should aid capacity into
London Bridge etc.

Last I heard, the Crossrail branch for the North Kent line was going
to terminate at Abbey Wood, and not run on to Ebbsfleet for CTRL
station, or link into the North Kent line itself.
With this in mind, I can't see the branch doing a great deal to
relieve capacity into London Bridge, as the crossrail branch will only
really benefit passengers who want Docklands, all others will prefer
to stay on the train they're on to get into London and get the tube
from there.

If Crossrail goes near your desired destination, then it will be
preferable to change from the North Kent Line at Abbey Wood rather than
at any London terminus to the Tube, as you will get a seat on Crossrail
right into the centre; if you cram onto the Tube with everyone else at
London Bridge etc. then it will be much more uncomfortable.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7