Old March 24th 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default How Long to Buy a Ticket

wrote:
I remember many years ago that somebody got off a charge of
travelling without a ticket because they had waited a long time in
a queue then rather than miss the train got on without a ticket.
At Watford Junc this morning two machines were out of order and the
queue at the one working machine and at the booking office would
have meant a wait of at least 20 minutes if not longer.
I managed to buy a ticket from the excess window otherwise I would
have got back in the car and driven to work.
Are there any figures around for what is an unacceptable wait
because this morning was a shambles.
It will be a long time before I am stupid enough to rely on National
rail again.

But you don't think it's stupid to base your expectation of the service
from any Train Operating Company anywhere in the country solely on this
one incident at Watford Junction?
--
Richard J.