Old March 24th 05, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default How Long to Buy a Ticket

wrote:
What are [you] suggesting,

If you're replying to my post, it would be helpful not to snip all of
it.

that I drive to say St Albans and start my journey there because
Thameslink aren't as uselss as Silverlink. If I live in Watford
and start my journey in Watford then surely I should expect to
be able to buy a ticket without queuing for 20 minutes.

Yes, but why do you assume that this is always a problem on the basis of
this one incident?

As it happened I didn't but lots of people obviously did. Not
much use in considering rail travel if you have to add an
indeterminate amount of time to your journey to cover the
purchase of a ticket.

But you have indeterminate delays in every mode of travel. Have you
never been in a traffic jam in your car? I should stay at home if I
were you.
--
Richard J.