Old March 24th 05, 02:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default How Long to Buy a Ticket

yped

I remember many years ago that somebody got off a charge of travelling
without a ticket because they had waited a long time in a queue then
rather than miss the train got on without a ticket.
At Watford Junc this morning two machines were out of order and the
queue at the one working machine and at the booking office would have
meant a wait of at least 20 minutes if not longer.
I managed to buy a ticket from the excess window otherwise I would have
got back in the car and driven to work.
Are there any figures around for what is an unacceptable wait because
this morning was a shambles.
It will be a long time before I am stupid enough to rely on National
rail again.

Kevin

A droid called Helen told me I should have allowed 15 minutes for a
ticket, when she took 10 minutes to issue one at Watford Junction, a few
years ago.

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.