Old March 24th 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

In message .com,
EorJames writes

I dont really want to email them.
But why cant i do it.
What is the LUs position on this?
Can anyone tell me.

Basically, stations are private property. The public gets to use them
according to conditions and byelaws.

Those conditions include no smoking, no skateboarding, no flash
photography, no tripods, etc.

But now ive read about the permits and stuff.

Good.

I never get stopped when im on my own anyway.
Im doing it and if i get a letter or email from them i know where it
came from.
But really i think of my self as doing people a favour.

But you are failing to consider that London Underground have rights -
one of which is to benefit us all (and not just EorJames) by the sale of
photographs of stations.

Now, it could be that they are not greatly bothered because there are so
many free photos already available in books and on the WWW that they
don't see much money to be made from taking and selling their own
bespoke photos. But it is they are the ones that should decide this, and
that is why you should ask permission for what you propose to do.

--
Paul Terry