Old March 26th 05, 06:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Integrating river services

In message , Mrs Redboots
writes
Richard J. wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 25 Mar 2005:

But IIRC the tidal rise and fall in Sydney is quite small. In London it
can be more than 7 metres.

Given that for centuries the river provided almost the *only* public
transport available in London, I rather suspect that this is a problem
which has been overcome in the past, and can be again.

The rise and fall of the Thames is much greater today, due to embanking
the river.

Also, we are referring here to embarking potentially hundreds of people
in a matter of seconds in order to provide a viable commuter service.

--
Paul Terry