Old March 26th 05, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes Mike Hughes is offline

Default My journey to Central London

In message , mo
writes
Is tomorrow

Doesnt look liek we will have GPS unless I can borrow one by tomorrow
morning

Just out of interest, following Mikes directions we get to Parliment Square
which is just near Downing street - what happens if you try and go down
there?

Do they have road blocks and stuff so only authorised personnel can enter?

Here is an alternative to the route I originally suggested. This will
get you to a parking area close to the theatre and also give you one of
the best views of London you will ever get.

From A4 to Hyde Park Corner
Leave by Constitution Hill (Buckingham Palace on your right)
R the L in to Birdcage Walk (Guards Barracks on right)
Forward in to Parliament Sq
Forward Bridge St (Houses of Parliament on your right)
F Westminster Bridge
keep in Left lane (but NOT Bus Lane!!)
L at end in to York Road (London Eye on your left)
L over Waterloo Bridge (Stop in the middle and look at the view up and
down stream - marvellous)
Keep in RIGHT lane go through Kingsway underpass
R at Remnant Street (traffic lights and 1st R you can take)
this leads in to Lincolns Inn Fields
you will have to check the car parking times very carefully as it is
controlled by Camden council who are not the motorists friend
Good luck and keep us informed

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England