Old March 26th 05, 08:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Rupert Candy Rupert Candy is offline

Default Oyster Prepay on Thameslink

Barry Salter wrote:
On 25 Mar 2005 16:01:45 -0800, "Rupert Candy"
wrote:

I suppose so, but I wonder how many people in e.g. Luton realise

that
if they buy a ticket to "London" it won't be valid at Farringdon, so
they have to buy a ticket to "Farringdon LU"? In other words, how

many
people would *correctly* use the validators for the journey you
describe? (Obviously a rhetorical question.)

In the normal course of events, tickets from stations between West
Hampstead and Bedford (inclusive) *to* London should be issued to

London
Thameslink (NLC 4452), and are valid to stations from Kings Cross
Thamelsink through to Moorgate, Elephant & Castle or London Bridge.

Interesting, because the same isn't true on the southern section
(presumably because of the more complex pattern of services/terminals)
- if I buy a ticket to "London Terminals" at Herne Hill, it will be
routed "Not Underground" (as you describe later on in your posting) and
therefore (I suppose) not valid at Farringdon or KXT. But presumably
it will be cheaper than a ticket to "London Thameslink".

We've really opened a can of worms here. It's far more complex (and
anomalous) than I thought.

I honestly hadn't realised that KXT wasn't a "London Terminal". I'm
glad I never tried to get out through the barriers there with my
season...