Old March 26th 05, 10:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Keith J Chesworth Keith J Chesworth is offline

Default Oyster Prepay on Thameslink

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 20:24:28 +0000, Barry Salter
wrote:

On 25 Mar 2005 16:01:45 -0800, "Rupert Candy"
wrote:

I suppose so, but I wonder how many people in e.g. Luton realise that
if they buy a ticket to "London" it won't be valid at Farringdon, so
they have to buy a ticket to "Farringdon LU"? In other words, how many
people would *correctly* use the validators for the journey you
describe? (Obviously a rhetorical question.)

In the normal course of events, tickets from stations between West
Hampstead and Bedford (inclusive) *to* London should be issued to London
Thameslink (NLC 4452), and are valid to stations from Kings Cross
Thamelsink through to Moorgate, Elephant & Castle or London Bridge.

At the moment, such tickets (assuming they're not routed "Thameslink
Only" or "Not Underground") are being accepted on London Underground
services to Farringdon, Barbican, Moorgate, Blackfriars and London
Bridge; and also on buses on routes 45 and 63.

If you've got a ticket routed "Thameslink Only" or "Not Underground",
however (e.g. easyJet promo, DaySave or Thameslink Partner's Card), you
have to walk from St Pancras down to Kings Cross Thameslink (or get the
Thameslink Assisted Travel Bus to City Thameslink) to continue your
journey.

HTH,

Barry

Thanks for that, it rather explains my previous post in this thread
about the KX barriers accepting the tickets. Just wish that the RPI at
KX (LU) knew about it - there when I queried the possibility I was
told 'No way'

Keith J Chesworth
www.unseenlondon.co.uk
www.blackpooltram.co.uk