Old March 27th 05, 04:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Tolley Chris Tolley is offline

Default Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:05:38 +0000, Chris Tolley
Well, if I was a customer of his, I would expect that if *I* had
specified which photographs should be taken, and had paid for them, a
process known formally as "commissioning", then *I* would own the
copyright on them, so he wouldn't have the right to duplicate them.

AIUI that is the sickening part of the copyright law.

You misunderstand. *I* would expect that, and so *I* would make sure
that was the nature of the contract between me and the photographer. If
the photographer would not work to that contract, he would not get my
business.

Your assertion that the rights cannot be assigned to me is incorrect.
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p12598543.html
(66 517 in the middle of a sea of wagons at Basford Hall Yard, 2005)