Old March 29th 05, 05:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page Clive Page is offline

Default KXT as a London Terminal

In article , "Andrew
Black (delete obvious bit)" writes
I agree with what you say, but when I asked for a ticket from East Dulwich
to KXT I was given one to London Terminals. This was in Sept 04. Has
something changed. Or was the staff member confused.

I rather suspect that ticket office staff may be confused. On several
occasions I have bought a ticket from a south London terminal such as
Waterloo or Charing Cross to Luton, telling the clerk that I wanted a
ticket valid on NR trains from there to London Bridge, and then north
via Thameslink. I have mostly been sold a "London Terminals" to Luton
ticket at (I'm pretty sure) the same price as if I had bought one at,
say, King's Cross (but not Farringdon). I suspect these were sold to me
too cheaply, but I'm not sure.

There is obviously a distinction between north London terminals, and
south London ones as far as the fares go, but is such a distinction
visible on the ticket itself when it is printed?

--
Clive Page