Old March 30th 05, 09:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london
David A Stocks David A Stocks is offline

Default Oyster Prepay on Thameslink

"Matthew" wrote in message
1. I use my National Rail season which is valid as far as City

Thameslink.

You are travelling without a valid ticket between City Thameslink and
Farringdon. To combine a paper National Rail ticket and Oyster Prepay
you must touch in where your paper ticket ends, at City Thameslink.

I suspected as much. So what happens in the (very unlikely) event that a
gripper asks to see my ticket during the 30 seconds between City Thameslink
and Farringdon? Do they carry Oyster readers? I think it's daft that I
should have to break my journey at Blackfriars or City Thameslink, although
there is probably enough time to leap off the train at London Bridge, use
the platform validator, and then get back on - but this would carry the risk
of losing one's seat.

They can hardly claim that I'm trying to avoid paying the fare ...

David Stocks