Old March 30th 05, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ant W-M Ant W-M is offline

Default Walking Underground

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Richard J. wrote:
Ant W-M wrote:

I'm having to use the Tube to travel to work in various London
hotels on contract. As I need to cart around a heavy wheeled
toolcase, it would be useful to know the interchanges between tube
lines with the least amount of walking and steps (escalators aren't
such a problem).

Is this information available anywhere? I haven't been able to
find it on the TfL web site . . .

Go to http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/faq/mobile.asp
There is a link to a spreadsheet of very detailed information about each
station, plus .pdf and .gif versions of the Tube Access Guide.

In addition, you may find the following list of cross-platform
interchanges between lines useful:
http://london.openguides.org/index.c...m_Interchanges

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Many thanks for these two useful postings. The information I really need in
addition to this is which tube line interchanges are best avoided because of
those LONG walks along tunnels. Sometimes it seems like one is walking
underground to another tube station!

Anthony