Old March 30th 05, 09:32 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

Boltar wrote:
Stimpy wrote:
Boltar wrote:
Mrs Redboots wrote:
Film? Goodness, how quaint! Anybody else still use it????

Yup. Why should I pay 200 quid for a half decent digital camera
and then
have to fork out for a photo printer or just take the memory card
down a developers anyway when I can keep using my perfectly good
35mm camera and get a free film whenever I get my shots developed.

But then you end up with hundreds of paper photographs. A lot
easier to keep them all online for easy
browsing/viewing/slideshow-ing

I think perhaps we have a generational gap here. I *want* paper
photographs. The *last* think I want to do when browsing photos is
to have to wheel out a computer and view them on a screen
especially if I want to take them to friends or family!

We're going to visit some friends tomorrow whom we haven't seen for
about 9 months, so I shall put together a "slide show" on the laptop
with a selection of our recent photos. That's a lot more manageable
than picking individual photos out of whatever paper storage you have
and putting them all back in place afterwards. But then, I don't have
to "wheel out" a computer because it's there already as part of the
environment I live in, just like the fridge or the TV.

It's not necessarily a generational thing. I'm old enough to remember
going to school on ST buses and ex-LSWR 1916-vintage EMUs.
--
Richard J.