Old March 30th 05, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Pictures of stations for a small fee im willing to go anywhere for you for pictures on the LU

Richard J. wrote:
We're going to visit some friends tomorrow whom we haven't seen for
about 9 months, so I shall put together a "slide show" on the laptop
with a selection of our recent photos. That's a lot more manageable
than picking individual photos out of whatever paper storage you have
and putting them all back in place afterwards. But then, I don't

have

Preparing a slide show takes , I dunno , 15 mins? Dumping a load of
photo
albums in a bag probably takes 30 secs.

to "wheel out" a computer because it's there already as part of the
environment I live in, just like the fridge or the TV.

Well not everyone has one funnily enough and not everyone wants to
invest
a large sum of money in a laptop (especially since desktops are cheaper
and have better perfomance) just to cart some photos around. Plus you
can just hand a photo album to someone and go do something else , you
don't have to operate it or teach them how to operate it themselves
just
so they can view some photos. Seems like technology for its own sake to
me but everyone has their point of view. *shrug*

B2003