Old March 30th 05, 01:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london
woodman woodman is offline

Default Walking Overground

Just watching TV news about Bromley "defying Ken" by refusing to take
speed cams on road by Biggin Hill. Leaving aside the usual
"personalised" tosh which goes with the London mayoral set-up, I dare
say motorheads will be up having their say on that.
But straying only slightly off-topic, I took advantage of my freedom
pass to go to Amersham on Easter Monday, and after walking down via
Parsonage wood, and the Martyrs field, to the Old Town, I then took a
public
footpath which emerged on the A413. I could see the sign for the path's
continuation across the road, but with cars and motorbikes zooming past
so fast, I didn't dare try and cross it. I had been thinking of
bringing a party of friends this way some time in the future, probably
with kids, but it's back to the map/drawing board. Are there, or should
there be any speed restrictions at places like that? I might have had
right of way legally, but I wasn't brave enough to test it.