Old March 30th 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Walking Underground

Dave Arquati wrote:
Ant W-M wrote:

Many thanks for these two useful postings. The information I
really need in addition to this is which tube line interchanges
are best avoided because of those LONG walks along tunnels.
Sometimes it seems like one is walking underground to another tube
station!

Hmm... I'm not sure if that's available online (if not, maybe it
should be!). The ones I'd flag up would be Green Park, King's
Cross, Bank/Monument, Waterloo and Notting Hill Gate; I'm sure
other people have other favourite nasty changes too.

Not all the interchanges at those stations are inconvenient. For
example:

Bank/Monument: District/Circle, Northern, DLR are reasonably close
together. The really long interchanges are W&C or Central to/from
Monument.

Waterloo: Jubilee to the other tubes is long (travelator).
Bakerloo/Northern (and Eurostar/Windsor Lines) are conveniently close
together.

Other long ones that come to mind:
Baker Street: Bakerloo/Jubilee to/from Circle/H&C, especially westbound.

Canary Wharf: Jubilee to/from Canary Wharf DLR is long, through
underground shopping mall. Herons Quay DLR is nearer.
--
Richard J.