Old March 30th 05, 07:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Page Clive Page is offline

Default Walking Underground

In article , Brimstone
writes

"Ant W-M" wrote in message

Many thanks for these two useful postings. The information I really need
in addition to this is which tube line interchanges are best avoided
because of those LONG walks along tunnels. Sometimes it seems like one is
walking underground to another tube station!

In some cases, you are.

Yes, but only in some cases. Others look as though they are the result
of stupid design decisions, or perhaps thoughtless penny-pinching.

Take Green Park station, for example, where all three possible
interconnection seems to involve a very long walk and lots of stairs and
escalators. But both Victoria and Jubilee stations were built while the
system was in common ownership. It is hard to see why the Victoria line
was not placed so that it's station was directly above (or below) that
of the Piccadilly line, nor the Jubilee line station placed vertically
above (or below) the other two, so that a single escalator (and lift)
system would serve all three. This has been done, I'm glad to see, in
the Jubilee station at Westminster.

--
Clive Page