Old August 16th 03, 10:44 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Ian Ian is offline

Default Box Junction Penalty

"Steve Naïve" wrote in message ...
"AstraVanMan" wrote in

And on a slightly different note, can I just mention that bloody idiot
pedestrians who casually walk across crossings a good 4-5 seconds
after their light has gone red, are equally, if not more so, to blame
for congestion in cities. But do they get fined? Do they ****. I've
not heard of a single prosecution for anything like the offence known
as jaywalking in the states.

Charing X road (outside Leicester Sq tube) is a favourite for that one.
Almost cycled into one (pdestiran) there today, they were not even looking
if any traffic was coming (me on my bike + big Mercedes).

My experience of cyclists is that they ignore traffic lights and most other
road signs. Like the one that nearly mowed me down when I was crossing at
traffic lights when the 'green man' was showing.

Ian