Old March 31st 05, 06:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Banned left turn in Kingsbury, London

Clive Coleman typed

In message ,
Tom Anderson writes
But cyclists will ignore bans on left turns anyway, just like they
ignore all the other rules of the road.

And this one is now minded to ignore the laws against hunting down
simpletons and stabbing them in the face.

I wonder why I picture you on a bike, breaking the law like all the
rest?

Kingsbury is a _horrible_ place to cycle. Not all cyclists break the
law, whatever the trolls here post. Kingsbury's horrid for pedestrians
too, not helped by those pavement-parked cars, placed there by saintly
motorists.

Returning to the original question, I wonder whether poor pedestrian
sightlines on the south-west side of the intersection are what prompted
the ban. (To see left-turning traffic at this point, a walker would
almost need eyes at the back of his head.)

Maybe the Willow Tree Family Doctors don't wish to spectate too much
carnage on their corner.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.