Old March 31st 05, 01:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default PPP companies doing pointless maintenance?

I was waiting on the northern line at mill hill east this morning
and noticed that the overrun track beyond the red stop lights
had been partially replaced with some new track & concrete
sleepers and a new buffer stop. Given that no trains ever run
along this short section of track (unless they're about to crash!)
what exactly was the point in them wasting probably thousands
replacing this track and the buffer stop (and I noticed more of the
same has been done at finchley central) when stuff in dire need
of upgrades such as signals seems to be ignored??

B2003