Old August 17th 03, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Camera like sensors on top of traffic lights

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 11:19:12 +0000 (UTC) someone who may be Tim
Woodall wrote this:-

My experiments with the ones near me suggest that the sensors are
responsive to both the echo size and speed. In the car I can
get them to trigger at any speed but on the bike I can't stop pedalling
until the point I need to brake hard for the junction.

Then they are defective.

(the junction is currently being "redesigned" so it will be
interesting to see what happens in the future)

Time to ask the council what they are doing to make the lights work.
No doubt they have a cycling policy you can quote.

prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.