Old March 31st 05, 07:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Stuart Farquar Stuart Farquar is offline

Default Fantasy bus routes

Route 726 is being replaced by route X26 on the 16th April
operating between Croydon & Heathrow tfl website says

X26
New daily limited stop service between East Croydon Station and
Heathrow Airport Central, via Sutton, Kingston, Teddington and Hatton
Cross, partially replacing route 726.
Buses will stop only at the following locations: East Croydon Station, West
Croydon Station, Wallington Green, Carshalton High Street, Sutton,
Cheam Broadway, North Cheam, Worcester Park Station, New Malden,
Kingston, Teddington, Hatton Cross, Heathrow Airport Central.
To run hourly, operated by fully-accessible single-deck buses.
Service to be operated by Metrobus.

I would reinstate the 726 to run its original
complete route from Heathrow to Dartford, and
also extend it to Bluewater. I would increase
the appalling current frequency to something
more sensible like every 30 minutes.

The problem with making the route even longer
than it already is is of course that it will
make the reliability even worse than it already
is.

Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Beta 1
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet