Old March 31st 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Taz Taz is offline

Default Banned left turn in Kingsbury, London

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
Returning to the original question, I wonder whether poor pedestrian
sightlines on the south-west side of the intersection are what prompted
the ban. (To see left-turning traffic at this point, a walker would
almost need eyes at the back of his head.)

Maybe the Willow Tree Family Doctors don't wish to spectate too much
carnage on their corner.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

When I'm in pedestrian mode, I find I can use ears to locate sound sources,
but more importantly my head is capable of swivelling around as are my
eyeballs. I find this helps tremendously in navigating pedestrian/motorist
interfaces. If I had a problem with this I would probably get a ****ing
Labrabor with a dayglo coat.